So Blessed

6:34 PM Edit This 1 Comment »

So, like I said in my last post, we are expecting our second child. Finally! After three years of trying. So many times I thought it could just never happen. We're so blessed to have Deepak, who is so extraordinarily amazing, and we are so happy that he is becoming a big brother.

I was sick for a few weeks but I thought it was from the stress of finding out that my dad had cancer. Once we planned our trip home to Cali I wanted to take a test first, just in case, so that if it was positive I could tell Dad. When it came up positive, I did not believe it, I didn't even believe the second test. I headed to the midwife's office straight away and was in shock to finally be pregnant. I never really connected with the midwife so as soon as I got the positive result, I made my first prenatal appt with another OB in the same practice.

I surprised Amit by leaving a gift box in the mailbox with the positive test inside. I told my mom over dinner once we arrived in California. Unfortunately we didn't arrive in time for me to tell my dad but my brother told him for me before he passed. I told Deepak "There's a baby growing in mommy's tummy." and he said "You mean you're pregnant?"

He is so excited and loves to rub my belly and tell the baby secrets. He thinks it's a sister because that would maintain our boy/girl pattern.......mom, dad, dee, sister, ace the dog (boy), lily the cat (girl).

The baby is due April 25th and will likely be born via scheduled c-section. I'm so so so so excited and terrified a little. Deepak will be almost six by then, I really feel like I'm doing it over for the first time in many ways. But I think I'm doing a pretty fabulous job with Dee so I'm not TOO worried ;)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.